MainLine Investment Partners pursues investments in early-stage through mature operating businesses. We are focused on companies at various stages of development, with our investment targets spanning venture capital to lower middle market buyout opportunities. We consistently find ourselves attracted to compelling market opportunities where efficient, scalable, and profitable business model execution is in place or highly probable as well as opportunities in regulated markets with attractive and identifiable barriers to entry.
Our private equity strategy is industry agnostic, with a focus on healthcare, consumer, food and beverage, business services, and industrial products and services.
In addition to the investment of our firm capital in target transactions, we often invest alongside partners from our network of institutional and high net worth investors.
Investment Focus and Criteria
MainLine Investments Partners focuses on a spectrum of investment opportunities, from early stage venture capital through lower middle market buyout.
- Investment Focus: We consistently find ourselves attracted to compelling market opportunities where efficient, scalable, and profitable business model execution is in place or highly probable. We also focus on opportunities in regulated markets with identifiable barriers to entry and the potential to acquire or develop platforms with strong competitive advantages.
- Geography: U.S. East Coast opportunities (primary) and other U.S. nationwide opportunities (secondary).
- Investment Type: We have a preference for control investments (typically 50+% ownership of all voting shares/units), but are open to minority investment opportunities.
- Investment Horizon: 7-10+ years or shorter on a situational basis.
- Industry Focus: Primary focus on healthcare, consumer, food and beverage, business services, and industrial products and services, and a selective focus on additional verticals.
- Equity Check Range: $1-$30+ million; sub $1 million for selective venture capital / seed stage opportunities.
- Financial Profile: Minimum of proven sustainable revenue generation across all investment types; positive free cash flow generation is ideal. For investment opportunities in regulated markets, in absence of proven revenue generation, we look for identifiable barriers to entry (such as a license to operate).
- EBITDA Range: $2-$6+ million for mature businesses.
- EBITDA Margin Minimum: Approximately 10% for mature businesses.
- Free Cash Flow Generation: At least $1-$2 million for mature businesses.
- Management: We are open to working with or replacing existing management teams depending on the situation and desires of the seller/issuer and individual management team members.